Thursday, August 4, 2011

Surfers and Weddings

This is part 2 of our California wedding vacation. Part 1 is here.

Saturday before the wedding the Chief and I went exploring around the area. There is a park next to the Wharf on the opposite side as the Boardwalk. It is called Lighthouse Field State Beach. We had some good views of the ocean, surfers, pelicans, and sea lions. 





We also saw a bit of crazy. I think we just found out who is going to win the 2012 presidential election.


We discovered that we don't really fit in when we are in California. First, we are not accustomed to the climate. I went for a run early in the morning before all the people were out. The temperature was 56°F and it was cloudy. It was glorious compared to the 95°F+ we are currently facing in Indiana. I was wearing a pair of shorts and a sleeveless shirt and was perfectly comfortable. I still worked up a good sweat, even in the cool weather. After the Chief and I went out exploring, we saw other people jogging/running. All of them were wearing long pants and long shirts. There were a few wearing shorts and long shirts. Everyone must have been under the impression it was cold. It was not cold but if you lived there full time it might seem cold. I guess.

Second, we don't talk to ourselves enough. Nearly everyone you encounter on the street or beach that is alone is talking like they are walking with someone. It is somewhat disturbing.

Third, when we were eating on the Wharf, we overheard many conversations about people going to or just returning from France. I mean, I like Paris if you can get over the dog crap on the sidewalks, but I hear it is getting better since the Chief and I visited in 2004. Maybe Californians dream of a place where they don't have to pick up their dog's crap. Maybe they are connoisseurs of fine poo and Paris is a fine place to find a wide variety of specimens in a small space, i.e. the sidewalk.

Anyway... on to the wedding. Here are some pictures of the route to the wedding site. The second picture is from the same road only a little past the wedding site. We had some extra time and decided to follow the road for a little while to kill some time.



Here is where the ceremony took place:


The rooftop over the ceremony:


The reception site:

And the tables at the reception. Notice there are little robots on the table...


Just for the record. I did not do this. I am upset that I did not think of it first either. That upsets me a little bit, but only a bit.


One thing that was great was the food, especially the dessert. Notice the following picture. There is a small cake for the bride and groom. This was for the traditional feeding cake to each other. There was only that small cake. The rest of the dessert was four kinds of pie. It was very very good. I had the chocolate cream.


It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. We wish the happy couple all the luck and happiness anywhere!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment