Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fun Times with Kids

One of my best friends, let's call him Pepe, and I have been friends for many years. More years than either of us really care to remember I am sure. We met the first day of kindergarten. I don't remember a lot about him in kindergarten. I don't remember hardly anything about kindergarten. One of the few things that I remember is the first letter we learned and it was the letter "M." I think there was a song about it and a plastic blow up model of the letter "M." Something about munching mouths or something like that.

From kindergarten on we were in school together. One story from kindergarten that I have no recollection is that a bunch of guys in the class picked up Pepe (I think because he was the smallest even if only by a pound) and we proceeded to drop him on his head. That is the story his mom tells. I have absolutely no recollection of it. Maybe I was dropped on my head after that. 

Another such story occurred during vacation bible school at my church. This time I vaguely remember what happened. It was before the teacher came into class. We were goofing around and someone thought it was a good idea to jump out of the window. Don't worry it was a first floor window and was only about 5 feet up. Since VBS was at my home church I was maybe a little more at home than some of the other kids. I went out the window first and ran back around the building and inside. Whoever was going next was going too slow and I though I heard the teacher coming so we nudged him a little out the window. This is one of his mom's favorite stories. I vaguely remember this event. I don't remember the person being pushed out the window as being Pepe, but it could have been. 

Pepe and I went to elementary school and high school together. We also went to college together. We did not room together freshman year. That is the time to meet some new people. That is where I met my other best friend, Red Hat Jef. I'm sure I have some stories about him too but this is about Pepe.

Pepe was the second to get married out of the three of us. Since I'm a guy I'm allowed to not remember what year it was... but it was a couple years after the Chief and I got married. It was in the summer. I was the best man a Pepe's wedding and Pepe was the best man at my wedding.

Pepe has a beautiful wife and family. His daughter is around 4 years and his son is around 2 years. Lets call her Ann and him Andy.

I get a text from Pepe with the following attachment:
with the following text: "Ann drew this. She said it is a bag of money with a hole in it that is falling to the ground." Pepe was eating at the time and about choked on his pizza. We then went through a series of texts where I was being a n00b.

Here they are...
Pepe: So you liked the bag of money. That could be code for something.
Me: Explain
Pepe: Example: You're a real bag of money 
Me: Poo? 
Pepe: What did that picture look like to you? 
Me: A dick. 
Pepe. Exactly! Now substitute that into the phrase I sent. 
Me: A bag of dick 
Pepe: Substitute dick for a bag of money 
Me: This picture 
Pepe: Spotted bag of money 
Me: Ok, I'm a little slow...

No comments:

Post a Comment