Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Japan and Korea Phone Pictures

I made it back to the USA and finally transferred the pictures from my phone to my computer... I must apologize in advance for the poor quality of the pictures... they are from my dumb phone.

The first thing to show is the "tubes" from the restaurant. Again, they were not too bad, a little chewy and greasy but definitely edible.


I have never seen how wasabi is used. It is obviously a root. One method of preparing it is to rub the root across a piece of shark skin. The material ground off the root is then scooped off and put into the food being eaten. What I didn't realize is that the root itself is green. I thought it was colored horseradish.



The next food item is the deep fried octopus and flower balls. Here they are with the dipping sauce and garnish. It is kind of funny, after eating one of them, a few minutes later I wanted another one.


The last food item is from the same restaurant as the octopus and flower balls. It was the American Plate and had fried chicken strips, fried potato wedges, and the Japanese attempt at cheese curds. The cheese curds are at the top of the plate and look a little like eggs. It is yellow cheese fried in an egg roll type wrap.


This last picture is actually from Korea. It was in the airport. It leaves some of the guesswork out of picking the correct toilet. Green means empty and red means "Grumpy in Progress."


I think we need some of these in the restrooms at work.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment