Friday, December 2, 2011

London Shopping

I had a business trip to London, England, United Kingdom a couple weeks ago. It worked out that I got to take the Chief along for the ride. One of my coworkers also took his wife along and Rafael, our friend and co-worker from Brazil was also attending the meetings. Rafael was just finishing up his vacation to the USA and decided to fly directly from the USA to London, his wife going along too.

So while we worked, the three ladies got to tour around London. They also shopped a little. I cannot complain about the Chief (mainly because she reads this blog) because she does not spend frivolously. She is a very good bargain hunter. She bought a few things, one of which I will show you now.

I get back to the room after meetings and the Chief is really excited. She can't wait to show me what she bought. I'm a little worried but not sure what to think. She shows me some stuff that she found. It is OK (I don't get near as excited as she does when buying things). The thing that stood out were these:


OK, they are shoes. They are shiny where the foot goes (I don't get that, why?) and also on the heel. Here is the kicker...


When she wears them she is as tall as me if I'm barefoot. I hope she doesn't kick me. Maybe she will dance for me in them... probably not.

Also while out touring about London (before we get finished with the meetings) the girls go to the British Museum. They go and tour the various exhibits. Some of the highlights were (in no particular order): the Parthenon sculptures from Greece, the Easter Island statue, a collection of jade and Chinese sculptures, and many other things.

In the evening when we were finished with our meetings we followed the girls back to the museum. The Chief really likes ancient Egypt and she wanted us to see the Rosetta Stone. We find the nearest underground station to the museum and start walking. It is a little late in the evening, or at least it feels like it because it has been dark for 2 hours but in reality it is only 7:00pm. The museum is open until 8:30pm on this day (Friday) so we head in. The Chief guides us to the section containing the Rosetta Stone. Here it is:


Closed... fail. back to the underground.

While waling around looking for the Ministry of Silly Walks we found this:


We didn't need to stop. We has spent a lot of time the past week with Brazilians...

When we were travelling back to the hotel via the underground. The Chief spotted what I think will be a new trend in fashion. You will never have wrinkled clothes with this accessory.



More to come.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment