Monday, November 4, 2013

Grapes Don't Always Improve with Age

The Chief and I were planning to go and visit friends over the 2012-2013 New Year's Holiday but that didn't work out because of the weather. I didn't want to get out in the snow and ice and drive what is normally a 4 and a half hour drive to Pepe's house. I am sad that we are not visiting him and his family. They moved farther away and we don't get to visit them as much as we used to.

Since we have a few extra days around the house it is a good time to do some cleaning. I started with the laundry room. It is kind of a catch all for kitchen overflow, and of course laundry. That is where we will store  cases of soda and juice and bottled water. Sometimes the Chief does not drink what she buys. For example I found some Tropicana Grapeade in the laundry room. I didn't know how long it has been there but I know it has been there for a long time. Notice the picture at right showing the multi-pack that is available at Sam's Club. This is actually what we purchased.

Now take a look at one of the bottles remaining in our stash... is it just me or does it look a little green to you too?


I also thought it looked a little green. I decided to pour some out into a white bowl to see for sure...


Yep, definitely green. It also did not smell anything like grape, more like some type of household cleaner.  Next I decided to look at the expiration date... February 2007, this is January 2013, nearly 6 years past the expiration date...



-

No comments:

Post a Comment