Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chief Chicken Ranch


The Chief does not cook very much. She does not really like to cook and that is ok. I enjoy cooking and I normally make things that she likes even though it is a little difficult with her outlook on food (link). Nothing green is allowed except for lettuce and not a lot of that. Although, recently we have found a local restaurant that has a good Greek salad that the Chief likes. We may eat there every couple weeks.

When the Chief does cook she usually starts drinking. She is not a heavy drinker at all. Normally she will consume a glass of wine or perhaps two, normally is is about 1 and a quarter... She also likes the occasional apple martini which is a vodka martini with Apple Pucker added. She normally cooks when I am not home, perhaps on a business trip. That is ok it is better than eating out all the time. I usually get some of the leftover food for when I return home.

The Chief cooks a number of things that she calls her specialties. These include tater tot casserole, seafood lasagna, chicken and cheese enchiladas, cheesy potato soup and her newest dish is called Chief Ranch Chicken. Actually it is called Ranch Chicken and I just named it because I think she modified the recipe slightly to better suit her taste. I think the dish that I like the best is the chicken and cheese enchiladas.

As far as I can tell the recipe consists of:
  • Chicken Breast
  • Cheese
  • More cheese
The entire dish is then baked until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is slightly browned around the edges.

Now, I like cheese. I think it is tasty. I like baked cheese. I enjoy festivals where you find “fried stuff with cheese.” I will put cheese on breakfast eggs and on salads.

Since the Chief likes this dish and only makes it when I am travelling, it took quite a while before I was able to have some. The Chief made an extra dish of it the last time she made it. When I returned there were two pieces of chicken remaining. I go the refrigerator and take out the dish and take out one of the two chicken breasts and put it on a plate to cut and reheat. The chicken is covered and surrounded with cheese. Maybe, I should call it a cheese crater. See for yourself:


Yum, yum cheesy goodness.
--------------------------------

In other news… I like to make home brewed iced tea and take it to work to drink throughout the day. I make a mint tea that is caffeine free. One batch makes about two liters of tea. I use 4 regular sized tea bags and an iced tea maker.

The procedure is:
  1. Fill iced tea maker with water 
  2. Fill tea pitcher with ice to the line 
  3. Add tea or tea bags to the iced tea maker 
  4. Shut lid and press start 
  5. Wait until it is finished brewing and pour into a glass and drink

Last week I made tea and this was the result.



I think we had a failure to follow step number 3.

N00b = Me

-

No comments:

Post a Comment